Being education the foundation of our lives, it is extremely important to value it accordingly, because it is what drives us and allows us to pass our knowledge to the next generation, so they can use it in favor of humankind progress.
Today, more than ever, the concept of permanent education _ the search of new skills throughout our lives _ is becoming more relevant. The need comes from the fact that it can improve the quality of life by being at the forefront of economic, politic and social changes and, thus, being more prepared for the current reality to achieve a bigger cultural and professional potential.
This is why there are companies and organizations worried on providing quality education, and that also are exploring the use of new technologies. That’s the case of the DISCIPLINA project, the first Blockchain to create personal and verified profiles based on academic and professional achievements.
It is a multifunctional platform for educational and recruiting projects. It provides transparency and creates the conditions to sustain the reliability and confidentiality of the information provided by the system’s users.
The platform is being developed for students, educational institutions and recruiting areas from multiple companies.
The following are the main features of DISCIPLINA:
- The opportunity to store data about personal and academic achievements and student’s grades in a digital way, providing data access through the unified platform, guaranteeing its permanency and credibility.
- An effective search engine for candidates' achievements and their specialties.
- Provide the educational institutions easy access to their student’s data.
- Establishing a professional objective in which the system will develop an optimized educational path toward getting a job in a desired company, through an effective algorithm for the recruiting areas to search viable candidates sorted by their fields of experience.
All this to answering the needs of the members involved, because some of the following problems may flare up:
For educational institutions:
- Difficulties for an efficient academic achievements data exchange between institutions due to the lack of a unified register.
- High risk of physical document loss on the educational institution’s archive.
- Printed documents can be easily forged or modified.
- Lack of credible grades of teachers and educational institutions.
- Mistrust in the academic grades due to the difficulty to prove their authenticity.
- Difficulty to create an education plan toward a certain job.
- Difficulty to find the specialist with the grade requisite.
- Mistrust in the academic grades of the candidates.
- Difficulty to evaluate qualitatively the work of the candidates.
DISCIPLINA will allow to:
- Storing data in a distributed system, offering access through the student’s personal profile.
For educational institutions:
- Storing data in the DISCIPLINA network, while the integration of new or existing CRM systems provides the opportunity of a fast recovery to grade using online and automatic tests.
- Registering grades in the Blockchain.
- Registering data in the Blockchain, becoming unforgeable.
- Providing the recruiters with data about the student’s academic achievements and grades.
- An easier way to choose an educational institution and a program due to the objectivity of the rating system.
- Guaranteeing the reliability, integrity and permanency of the data stored in the platform.
- Thanks to the Blockchain technology, design a set educational path, suited for their professional aspirations.
- Limit the search to qualified specialists.
- Grading the candidate with an effective algorithm.
- Search for candidates based on their skills and specialization.
- Trust in the data once stored in the Blockchain.
- Register of working experience and the employee’s achievements data.
- Complete transparency of academic history.
- All the academic history stored in one place, like a unified curriculum.
- Restore trust, value and importance of the educational process and the system as a whole.
By Ana María Morales
There are no comments on the article.
Send the first!
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.